Name:
Location: Iraq

I'm a little home-sick, Doc, but I think I'll be better soon.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Moving Forward To The Past

I want to tell you a little more about our gang at Fort McCoy.
Lets review: The "Team Griffon" was about fourty senior Soldiers mobilized about one month ahead of the main body of 400. We first went to Charlotte for initial processing. After a short stop in Charlotte, we flew to LaCrosse, Wisconsin, and drove over to Fort McCoy. We got off the bus and it was snowing cats and dogs. No problem, because in a week or so, we headed out to the Naval Post Graduate School for some graduate level Arabic/Iraqi Culture education. Thank God they did not give us any tests. Beautiful place, Monterey. Here are a couple of pictures.

It was hard going back to McCoy from California. But, thank goodness for idiots - that is, my middle aged barracks buddies. I think the rule was the older you were, the more idiotic you were supposed to act. Anyway, it was like being in a frat house with these guys. Here's Lieutenant Colonel Robby R with Lieutenant Colonel Earls (Buccaneer 6) showing off his fifty something physique in the background. I think he's had one too many. Running out of time right now, but if you're interested in some of the stuff we did at McCoy, click over to Captain K's blog: http://deploymentstory.blogspot.com.

Captain K is my "second in charge" here at Besmaya. He was also the junior officer on my team at McCoy. I sort of felt sorry for the lad so I brought him with me to Besmaya. Now he hates me. Something about wanting to live in the Palace. See the pictures of the Palace on his blog. I keep asking him why would anyone want to live in Baghdaddy when they can live here at Besmaya? He walks around here mumbling something about a swimming pool - I don't know.

Captain K (tell you what, you can call him Captain Kangaroo, we call him "Bruce Almighty") has a great little family back home in Texas. We won't hold that against him since I have some family back in Texas too. A quite annoying bunch, but I love em. If I were to introduce you to them I'd say: "Please allow me to introduce you to my brother in law Terry and his wife Terry." See what I mean? Hey Ya'll - Hookem Horns... or something like that. Or was it Horn Frogs?

Terry Girl: See what happens when you make fun of my music? Love ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home