Name:
Location: Iraq

I'm a little home-sick, Doc, but I think I'll be better soon.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sweet Somethings

Sometimes people do such nice things for me. I am amazed that they even think of me, surprised that I was even on their mind. Then I realize it has little to do with me and everything to do with THEM. Point being, I was on their mind not because I am special, but because THEY are special – always considering others - like me. Such are my good friends Marie Piper and her daughter, Deanne Elliott, as well as some people I’ve never met but who have supplied me with some really great care packages: Kim Treat, Ally Treat, TJ Treat, a little boy named Dan (who lives in Georgia) and Melissa Trebuchon (I hope I spelled that correctly). You can not know how these folks and others like them have lifted my spirits. Peter Gabriel sings: “I love to be loved”. I guess I do too.

Marie and Deanne: You have touched my heart. Your most recent card (Marie) with the beautiful photograph and the letter from Deanne with “Our Daily Bread” came today, at a time when I was so distressed. It was a perfect answer to somebody’s prayer. Thank You. It is only fitting that I share with you something special that somebody else wrote to friends (just like you) a long time ago. Please forgive me for paraphrasing.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress (even though you did not know my distress)……Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds IN YOU. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received the things sent from you, a sweet smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.

And I’m sure: My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

I love you all.
AWE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home