Name:
Location: Iraq

I'm a little home-sick, Doc, but I think I'll be better soon.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Recovering

I wish I sounded like Karl Haas. I’d say, “Hello everyone”, then I’d introduce today’s topic in the elegant way he always started his radio broadcast. The music world has a little less class (pardon the pun) since Mr. Haas passed away.

Anyway, I have not posted anything in a while because we have not had time to turn around AND, of course, there was the scare with Michael. Nothing has ever shaken me like that. Neurological anything in a child will scare a parent to death. Thank you to everyone who prayed Michael (me and Sharon too) through the last few weeks. God has heard our prayers and has extended his love and mercy to us. Michael will get better.


Below are a few pictures I’ve decided to post to keep you interested in the blog. We started a new class of the Infantry Officer’s Basic Course here. These students recently graduated from one of the three military academies here in Iraq. They came to us fresh out of school but assured me that they already knew everything I intend to teach them. Umm Hmm. I’m so glad because that will make my job so much easier.


Also, my good friend, Major General J came to see me today. He’s head of all the Iraqi Army schools. He is a very fine gentleman and has a wonderfully refreshing take on officer education. He speaks perfect English and I always enjoy our time together. Please forgive the photo, I need to protect identities. Here he is speaking to the students as Colonel Abbas looks at his watch (how long will this guy go on?).

And...having a few words with me before his farewell.



I’ll do my best to be more true to the blog. I miss it but other duties come first. Thanks again for praying for Michael.

awe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home