Name:
Location: Iraq

I'm a little home-sick, Doc, but I think I'll be better soon.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Busted!



Here's an update on the cow story.....


It appears the non-English speaking, rude, free-grazing cattle were arrested by Besmaya Force Protection agents this morning around 1000 hours and placed in the Besmaya jail. Me and my interpreter went over to get their story but they refused to talk to me or Antonio, my Iraqi interpreter. Someone said they would only give their story to Katie Couric.



No longer fugitives from the law, these cows appeared well fed and watered. One source close to the scene described how the FP officers first tried to discourage the cows from their shenanigans and get them to go home. But things turned ugly when the leader of the herd turned her backside to the Iraqi Officer and revealed an "eat mor chickin" brand (in Arabic) on her left hind quarter. That was too much for the FP. Even Iraqis are offended by bad advertising.


The good news is that the sheep, arested last week on similar charges, were turned out to make room for the cows.



Crime doesn't pay, especially here at Besmaya.


awe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home