Name:
Location: Iraq

I'm a little home-sick, Doc, but I think I'll be better soon.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Anna Banana


was born on 4 May 1994.
So, as of Friday, she is officially a “teenager”. God help us.

But this is my baby. And, no matter how much she grows up, she will never stop being my baby. And I love her so much it hurts.


It’s not really her, that beautiful young lady in the picture. In my mind she’s two, maybe four, but definitely not thirteen. I used to swing her in our back yard and she’d say, “higher Daddy. Higher.” She always had friends around, and she was a mean soccer player….best in the county.

But now she’s a teenager. Now.....

when you say she’s looking good,
she acts as if it’s understood,
she’s coo-oo-oo-oo-ol…..
Girrrrrl ……ahhh Girrrrrl.


Pretty soon she’ll be somebody else’s dream, but for now, she’s still ours. And we love her.


But…..

Baby slow down
the end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart.
(Bono)


And I love you, Girlie.
Happy Birthday.

daddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home